Friday, April 23, 2010

3 weeks in

So I've made the move and have been in North Carolina for approximately 3 weeks and 1 day. I have to admit that when i first came I was ecstatic!!!!! I couldn't believe I had done it, I was doing exactly what I wanted. I had a job interview the day after I got here and was OFFERED the job. I was on top of the world, I had been offered a full time job and still had my pt at Old Navy. I just knew everything was just going to fall into place for me.

Nothing in life is that easy..........................

A week later I was called back in to sign the paper work for my new job and boy was i shocked!!! The pay was NOT what i thought it was going to be and the commissions were on a 180 day turnaround, not to mention from the months of November to January you weren't allowed to take any weekends off AND I had a 45 min commute everyday both ways. Needless to say I decided that although i needed full time employment that was not going to be it. Luckily my manager at Old Navy has been really awesome at giving me hours so I am working at least 4 hours a day.

Now at this point I was beginning to feel a little disheartened, so many things had just happened so easily and now here i was hitting road blocks. I began to get upset and second guess my decision, had I done the right thing?, was I to hasty?, should i have waited until I had found a full time job? All these questions and thoughts began to swirl through my head. At the same time I found out that my money output was more than my intake. So now i was doubly stressed. So i hopped on the computer and began to search for jobs. I began to apply for whatever i felt like I was qualified for, receptionists, babysitter, call center operator, you name it i sent my resume in for it.

All the while I'm still getting hours at ON, but when your used to working 8 hours a day sometimes 12, just four hours a day will drive you insane. So I finally got a call back from one of the places I sent my resume to and they inform me that the first step in the process is to come and take test, if you past the test and background check then you will be granted an interview. So i went and took the test on Wednesday and with the God's grace I was able to pass the test. So now begins the waiting game to see when they call me back in for an interview. This time I asked all my questions up front (pay, vacations, holidays and benefits) and they were all met satisfactory.

So the next step in my life was to get back into school. God places people in your life for a reason and I was able to find out without embarrassing myself that because my GPA was so low when I left Central that ECU would not accept me until i brought my GPA up. So now I knew that i definitely had to take the community college route, so another awesome person that God had placed in my life was able to tell me who I needed to meet with. I meet with the counselor and we go over my earned credits and what I want to get my associates in, I decide that I want to go ahead and get my AA in psychology and she determines that I only need nine classes to achieve that goal. Which basically means 1 year at LCC!!!! Awesome wonderful well it would be if I had not lived in Philadelphia for the past nine years. Yep you got it right OUT OF STATE tuition!!!!! And the numbers were astronomical, for a full roster which would be 12 credit hours ( four classes) $3000.00 I exaggerate not, in-state for the same amount of classes in $750.00

I was crushed.........just a minute ago everything was so simple things were just happening and falling in place and now here was door after door being cracked open only to be slammed shut in my face. I was beginning to find myself crying on my way to my four hour job and when i was trying to go to sleep at night and i felt the depression creeping into my spirit..............


But God always knows what we need and sends it to us in the nick of time. My family especially three of them have lifted my spirits so much in the last two days. They probably have no idea how much the small things they have done have given me life. They reminded me of the most important reason of why i decided to move: To be with them, to experience the small things, the big things and the in between things.

So after three weeks things aren't the way i thought they would be but they aren't as bad as i thought they could be.

On another note after i moved the young man that i was seeing decided to ask me to be his girlfriend.

And the plot thickens........................................stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. keep your head up, when one door closes another opens, and im intrigued to find out more... good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love, I don't want you forget who helped you make all these decisions "GOD" and he will guide you through them all. When you see those doors closing don't get discouraged just know that "GOD will open doors". Remember that.

    ReplyDelete